Pages

Tuesday 8 May 2012

Souper Easy Recipie

Now as much as we love to go out, I still find one of the most important 'ingredients' to a happy life is some good home cooking.  This week I was brave enough to try out a recipe from Soup Bible, a lovely little just because treat from Andy.  I went for the Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper soup, and I am so glad I did.  It was souper easy and very delicious!

To start roast tomatoes, peppers, onion, garlic and basil in olive oil for about an hour.


Before


                                                                            After

Then add the roasted veg to some chicken broth and give a little whiz with a hand blender.  I used my new Bosch MSM6B, a gift from my lovely in-laws who were just here visiting.


Then just simmer and serve!  We added a few croutons for flavor and crunch, it was one of the most delicious soups I have ever made or tasted.


-Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment