Pages

Tuesday 1 May 2012

WICKed

Normally when I get home after a stressful day at work the eight meters from the lift to the front door seems like eight miles.  However, today I walked out of the lift and the lovely aromas of our scented candles had infiltrated the corridor. I have never been much of a candle person, despite the fact that my lovely sister would (and still does) pressure me into attending PartyLite parties on a regular basis back in the states, but recently I have nothing but love for some wax and a wick.

It all started when we moved into our new apartment and wanted to make it super cosy.  A little shopping trip to Safat Home and The One led us to their sale sections and some massive three wick candles for less than 5kd.  We stocked up, and went back several times, and now candles are always on our shopping list.  Not only do we buy them but we light them every single day.

Our most recent find is Bath and Body Works (our location of choice, Marina Mall).  Now first let me say I have not given Bath and Body Works a fair chance in recent years.  After receiving far too many gifts of matching lotion and shower gel it hasn't been at the top of my shopping list.  But low and behold they do more than just lotion and shower gels.  They have an incredible selection of home scents, the candles burn well and smell lovely.  Currently you can find last seasons scents, think fall and Christmasy, on sale for 3kd.  Our favorites so far are Marshmallow, and Creamy Nutmeg.






  There is also a deal on mini candles, 3 for 2kd and you get the glass holders for free!!


The moral of my post is go buy a candle and light it today.

As Andy always says "Live life to the wax!"

-Viv

No comments:

Post a Comment